Postdoc on Dynamic Covalent Polymer Networks
Are you our next Postdoc in Dynamic Covalent Polymer Networks?
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Supramolecular Polymer Chemistry group at the Eindhoven University of Technology plays a leading role in developing new reversible covalent networks. In a new project with the Dutch Polymer Institute, you will develop new chemistry for dynamic covalent polymer networks and controllable interfacial adhesion based on abundant and cheap components that are already widely in use in commercial polymers. With the new chemistry, you will investigate reversible crosslinks in thermoplastics to enhance mechanical stability, and you will create materials for interfacial bonding that can be switched on and off by triggers such as heat and oxidation. In this way, you will contribute to reusability of polymeric materials and help create a circular polymer economy.
We seek highly talented, motivated, and enthusiastic candidates with a PhD degree in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related discipline. You have a solid background in polymer and organic chemistry, as well as good communication skills, you are fluent in English, and should have a strong motivation to do original research as part of an interdisciplinary team. Experience with the synthesis and characterization of polymers or organic molecules is essential. Note that there are no Dutch language requirements. An interview and a scientific presentation are part of the selection process.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 2.5 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses for PhD students, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationDo you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof.dr. Rint Sijbesma, r.p.sijbesma[at]tue.nl or dr. Hans Heuts, j.p.a.heuts[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Leo van Houten. HR Advisor, L.v.houten[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8269.
Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology and the department of Chemical Engineering & Chemistry can be found at www.chem.tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature