Postdoc positie Professioneel leren en ontwikkelen docenten in hoger onderwijs
The Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence group of Eindhoven University of Technology seeks a postdoctoral researcher to enhance our strengths in research and education.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence group of Eindhoven University of Technology seeks a postdoctoral researcher to enhance our strengths in research and education. The successful candidate will work with topics related to theoretical AI and machine learning. We are particularly interested in interpretative/explainable probabilistic models that are reliable and efficient. There will be opportunities for collaboration with multiple researchers inside and outside the university. The successful candidate will also contribute to educational tasks of the group, including the involvement in advanced courses in AI and machine learning, as well as (co-)supervision of students in all levels.
Research topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Probabilistic graphical models,
* Tractable probabilistic models,
* Imprecise probability theories and robustness in AI,
* Bayesian neural networks,
* Computational complexity of AI,
* Deep Gaussian processes,
* Probabilistic programming,
* Combinations of logic and probability.
We look for a motivated and highly skilled candidate with:
- A PhD degree in Computer Science or any related field.
- Excellent track-record demonstrated by high-quality scientific papers.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (there is no requirement to learn Dutch).
- Creativity, independence and dedication to advancing science.
- Research vision and will to develop it in an environment with a large degree of academic freedom.
- Ability and will to collaborate and work in teams.
- Ability and will to do research on one (or more) of the topics of interest of the research group.
- Ability and will to support teaching and to (co-)supervise bachelor, master and PhD students (this position includes both research and education responsibilities which are aimed at supporting our tasks and at developing the postdoc's skills).
- A one year contract which upon positive evaluation will be extended to up to 3 years;
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.709 and € 4.274 (on a full-time basis), depending on experience and knowledge;
- A yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary;
- A yearly end-of-year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities).
Additional informationMore information about Eindhoven University of Technology and the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science can be found on https://www.tue.nl/en. Information of the involved research group can be found here: https://www.tue.nl/en/our-university/departments/mathematics-and-computer-science/research/research-programs-computer-science/section-information-systems-is/
For any further inquiries on the content of the position, please contact Cassio P. de Campos (c.decampos[at] tue.nl).
For information about the employment conditions at TU/e see: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/why-tue/compensation-and-benefits/. Other information can be obtained from the HR department, e-mail: pzwin[at]tue.nl
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply now' button on the TU/e website. Your application must include:
- One-page personal motivation letter;
- Your Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications;
- Contact information of two references.
Please note: you can upload max. 5 documents of max. 10 MB.