Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PostDoc position in model-based analysis of contrast-enhanced ultrasound and MRI
BackgroundThe ageing population and the increased incidence of chronic disease is imposing unparalleled financial and societal burden. There is an urgent need …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The ageing population and the increased incidence of chronic disease is imposing unparalleled financial and societal burden. There is an urgent need for a paradigm shift towards "precision medicine": a tailored, personalized approach in medicine to improve patient care and quality of life, while reducing healthcare costs. To tackle this urgent clinical challenge, a 4TU consortium has been recently established on precision medicine by the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Delft University of Technology (TUD), the University of Twente (UT), and Wageningen University (WU). The goal of the 4TU consortium is to facilitate precision medicine by realizing breakthrough advances in medical imaging, through the synergetic collaboration of top experts in all aspects of imaging science, spanning from acquisition technology to image analysis and interpretation.
Cancer and cardiovascular disease account for about half of deaths worldwide. Although the crucial role of angiogenesis in cancer growth and cardiovascular diseases is today well-established, this complex multi-step process is not yet fully understood. At the molecular level, angiogenesis is characterized by the over-expression of specific molecules which promote the growth of new blood vessels. The resulting vascular network shows different features than normal vasculature such as increased microvascular density, tortuosity, and permeability. Novel promising drugs aim at interfering or blocking angiogenic processes. Imaging of angiogenesis holds thus promise for both improved diagnostics and therapy.
Biomedical diagnostic (BM/d) research lab at TU/e
The BM/d lab is devoted to model-based quantitative analysis of medical images and bio-signals, with the goal of improving patient care and management. In the context of angiogenesis imaging, we focus on developing novel imaging solutions able to provide structural, functional, and molecular information on angiogenesis at different spatial and temporal scale. Contrast enhanced-imaging can provide valuable information beyond structural imaging by injection of contrast agents. While contrast agents used in ultrasound remain intravascular, MRI contrast agent can cross the vascular endothelium and distribute into tissue. Assessment of the (micro)vasculature can thus be achieved by modeling and analysis of the complex hemodynamics and the different pharmacokinetics of ultrasound and MRI contrast agents. Multi-modal spatiotemporal analysis enables combining the complementary information from different modalities at different scales, proving deeper insight into the complex processes underlying angiogenesis.
Job description and requirements
In this context, we are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher with knowledge and interest in ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging, and with a strong background in model-based image analysis. The position is available within the BM/d research lab, part of the Signal Processing Systems (SPS) group (Electrical Engineering department, TU/e), and it involves joint collaborations with the universities of the 4TU consortium, and its clinical partnerships, including the Academic Medical Center (Amsterdam) and the Erasmus Medical Center (Rotterdam). </p
• PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering.
• Experience with MRI and US imaging.
• Strong background in signal processing and mathematical modeling.
• Good communicative skills in English, both in speaking and in writing. Candidates should be prepared to prove their English language skills.
The Postdoc is expected to:
• perform scientific research in the domain described;
• collaborate with other researchers in 4TU consortium;
• publish results in leading scientific journals and conferences in the field;
• assist in guiding (project-related) MSc graduation projects and in supervising PhD students.</p
• full-time employment as a Postdoc for a period of initially 1 year, after a positive evaluation the employment can be extended with 1-3 years;
• annually 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance;
• support with your personal development and career planning including courses, conference visits etc.;
• a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, child care, moving expenses, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
More information on employment conditions can be found here: www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/</p
For more information about this position contact dr. ing. Simona Turco, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
More information on employment conditions can be found here: www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/.
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following:
• Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position, as well as your current experience with and understanding of the topic
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
• List of key publications;
• A copy or a link to your PhD thesis. If you have not completed it yet, please explain your current situation.
• Names of at least two references.
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each!
The selection process with start in June 2018 and will continue until the position gets filled. The position is fully funded and immediately available. The successful candidates are expected to start ASAP.</p