1 dag geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Postdoc position on integrated photonic chips for spectral sensing
The Photonics and Semiconductor Nanophysics group at the Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands, http://www.phys.tue.nl/psn) has an open …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Photonics and Semiconductor Nanophysics group at the Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands, http://www.phys.tue.nl/psn) has an open postdoctoral position in the field of optical sensing.
Goal and background
Measuring the reflectance or transmittance spectrum of organic materials allows determining the composition of their key constituents, such as sugar, fat and protein. Near-infrared spectroscopic techniques are widely used in the food and chemical industries, but presently requires an analytical lab.
Our group is developing integrated photonic chips, based on an advanced nanophotonic platform, able to quantify and classify materials properties using near-infrared light.
The development of these low-cost, handheld spectral sensors will enable a wide range of applications in the agro-food sector, for example to monitor the growth of plants, the ripeness and aging of fruit, the properties of milk, etc, throughout the entire food production chain (from farms to consumers). In this project we want to push this technology to the next level in terms of optical performance and reproducibility of the sensors.
The selected candidate will perform applied research in spectral sensing. He/she will develop a wafer-level fabrication process for spectral sensors; design, realize and characterize chips with optimized performance; investigate the yield and reproducibility of the fabrication process. The work will take advantage of TU/e advanced micro/nano-fabrication facility NanoLab@TU/e. The project will be carried out at the Eindhoven University of Technology, under the supervision of prof. dr. A. Fiore, Dep. Applied Physics, in close collaboration with a team of young and enthusiastic researchers and with industrial partners active in the agro-food sector. The Eindhoven region and its PhotonDelta ecosystem offer ample opportunities for developing a R&D career in photonics, within large companies such as ASML and Philips or fast-growing spin-offs.
We welcome applications from candidates with a recent PhD degree in Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or Microtechnology. Previous experience in micro- or nano-fabrication is required. Candidates must prove a strong attitude towards experimental work and team working, as well as the drive and capacity to tackle different aspects of a complex problem with independence.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 1 year
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses for PhD students, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- A gross monthly salary around € 3.353,00 (on a fulltime basis), depending on experience and knowledge.
- Benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationDo you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact prof.dr. A. Fiore, a.fiore[at]tue.nl
For information about terms of employment, please contact HR, hrservices.flux[a]tue.nl
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of two references.
Please note that you can upload 1 document of 10 Mb so if you have more than 1 document you will have to combine them.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Applications by e-mail are not accepted!