Postdoc position on plasmon-enhanced single-molecule FRET
The Molecular Plasmonics group at Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands, www.molecular-plasmonics.nl) has an open postdoc position on plasmon- …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Molecular Plasmonics group at Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands, www.molecular-plasmonics.nl) has an open postdoc position on plasmon-enhanced single-molecule FRET.
Proteins and their interactions are the cornerstone of biological processes. The dynamic cooperation between multiple species is key to various processes including chaperone-mediated protein folding. The dynamics of these multi-molecular interactions is not easily captured because current single-molecule sensors (a) only work in dilute solutions or (b) only resolve a single species at a time. Capturing the dynamics of such multi-molecular interactions at physiological conditions therefore remains one of the grand challenges in the field. In our group we have developed plasmon sensors with single-molecule sensitivity. These sensors employ single-molecule plasmon-enhanced fluorescence, are compatible with high concentrations, and give access to short (millisecond) timescales due to strong plasmon-enhancement of the fluorescence.
The candidate will expand the scope of plasmon-enhanced fluorescence sensors to detect multiple species and their interactions using plasmon-enhanced FRET. The candidate will push the limits of plasmon-enhanced FRET at the single-molecule level both experimentally and by numerical modelling. Together with a PhD student in the group this new class of sensor will be applied to study multi-protein interactions in the context of chaperone mediated protein folding. The position is for a duration of 3 years.
We welcome applications from candidates with a PhD in plasmonics or nanophotonics, and with experience in optics and fluorescence microscopy.
- A fulltime employment for three years.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationIf interested, please use the 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following:
- a one-page cover letter explaining your motivation, your research experience, and your suitability for the position;
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications;
- contact information of two references;
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 1 document up to 10 MB each.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.