Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
PostDoctoral researcher on Sustainable Urban Regeneration
The PostDoc researcher on Sustainable Urban Regeneration, will work within projects under the European Horizon2020 which start in early 2019.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Post-doc will work in selected cities and engage with local stakeholders, to critically explore the capacity of local governments, societal organizations and utility companies, etc. in order to facilitate circular urban regeneration. Postdoc will support and guide the ongoing processes of the participating organizations based on the selected planning barriers and strategic innovative solutions designed to enable sustainable urban regeneration. For that purpose, postdoc should have an interest in the development of theoretical perspectives and conceptual approaches for enabling the urban regeneration and innovation. S/he should be able to assess the best practices of sustainable urban regeneration and transfer this approach for the set-up, implementation and assessment of the transdisciplinary case studies.
The duration of the PostDoc project is one year, with a possiblity of extension. The researcher is expected to perform the following tasks:
Research: Research in innovative circular urban regeneration.
Teamwork: Collaboration with the TU/e team and with other project partners on its activities, tasks and deliverables.
Travelling: Travel abroad to attend e.g. project meetings, summer scholars, conduct fieldwork, present work at conferences and grant submissions.
- have a proven record of research in one of the fields above;
- have an interest in or knowledge of urban innovation and experimentation and sustainable urban regeneration;
- are willing to conduct fieldwork within and/or outside the Netherlands;
- are willing to conduct transdisciplinary innovative sustainability research leading to publications and societal outcomes;
- hands-on experience with mixed methods, qualitative and quantitative;
- see added value in collaborating in multidisciplinary research projects;
- have a demonstrable ability to work within a team as well as independently;
- are proficient in both written and spoken English;
- have good communication skills;
- are available to start in early 2019.
A challenging job at a dynamic, high-ranking and ambitious University.
A salary is offered between € 2.972.- and € 4.274,- gross per month (gross), depending on knowledge and experience (based on salary scale 10 CAO Dutch Universities).
An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent technical infrastructure, child care, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities, extra holiday allowance (8%, May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3%, December). Initially the postdoc will be hired for one year with the possibility of an extension. The project is expected to start early 2019.
Foreign experts may benefit from the 30% tax regulation in order to get a higher net salary, when granted.
Additionele informatieFurther information
For further information regarding the position you can contact dr. Gamze Dane, email@example.com
For information concerning the employment conditions you can contact Jelmer Sieben, J.M.Sieben@tue.nl
Applicants must complete and upload the requested information via the following application form, and needs to select the positions no later than 13 December 2018. The selection procedure will take place during January.
Besides this, you have to apply via the apply now button. You must upload the following documents (PDF format only):
- Cover letter, explaining your motivation for applying and how you meet the job requirements (1 A4 page maximum);
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including also a list of publications and contact information of two referees;
- Copies of diplomas;
- Proof of English language skills (if you are not a native speaker);
- Any other information you deem relevant (e.g. PDF of a recent paper).
Please bear in mind: you can only upload 5 PDF documents (up to 2 MB each).