Project Officer (0,8 - 1,0 fte)
The Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS) is looking for a motivated candidate to fill the position of a:
Project Officer (0,8 - 1,0FTE)
Are you our new project officer for the research theme Logistics and its Interfaces?
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Faculty of IE&IS comprises seven research groups and organized research around 4 major research themes:
- Logistics and its interfaces
- Value of big data
- Humans and Technology
The current position will mainly provide support to the 'Logistics and its Interfaces' theme but will also reach out to the other topics and research groups. The project officer will support the development of the research program by contributing to the acquisition and coordination of projects and by developing relevant networks.
The project officer job will include both strategic planning and actual support for project applications concerning NWO calls, EU Horizon Europe calls, and other relevant research funding opportunities as well as building and maintaining a relevant strategic network.
The function will include the following tasks:
- Tracking and actively searching suitable opportunities for research funding, providing tailored information to scientists about calls that fit their expertise, and proactively initiating proposals together with scientists.
- Actively supporting scientists in writing research proposals, at various levels (advising, reviewing, and where possible 'co-writing' sections on subjects such as finance, research relevance/impact and exploitation).
- Where appropriate, assisting project management in case of successfully acquired projects.
- Managing the portfolio of projects (keeping track of all subsidy applications and evaluating their outcome in order to inform future bids).
- Building and maintaining networks with (1) (international) funding institutions, (2) potential research partners/consortia, (3) scientists within the faculty and (4) scientists within the TU/e.
- Participation in national and international meetings about research programmes; general (interest) representation of our university on this subject at, among others, the NWO, the national science agenda, EU Horizon Europe etc.
- Regular meetings (e.g. monthly) with the most relevant research groups and group leaders concerned to discuss the state of affairs, develop new activities, etc.
The project officer will work together with the TU/e-wide Innovation Lab, where he or she will form a group with other project officers to exchange experiences and build up knowledge. Research activities also target TU/e cross-disciplinary and cross faculty collaboration research themes EAISI, EIRES and ICMS.
To fill this position, we are looking for a candidate with:
- A MSc or PhD degree in Industrial Engineering (Technische Bedrijfskunde), mathematics, computer science, mechanical engineering or a comparable discipline.
- Affinity with logistics.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Several years of professional experience as a project officer, for example in industry, a research consultancy, a funding agency, a research institute or a university.
- Experience in writing successful proposals, and in helping/coaching others to do so as well.
- Experience in research and innovation project management.
- Knowledge of the formal/administrative elements of calls and programmes.
- Knowledge of the programmes of relevant Dutch and European funding agencies.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral proficiency in English).
- Good organisation skills; reliable and punctual.
- Team spirit, proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
- A temporary position of two years for 0,8 - 1,0 fte. A permanent position will be considered after a positive evaluation of the temporary contract.
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.709 and € 4.978 (on a full-time basis), depending on experience and knowledge.
- Additionally, a holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- In addition to an attractive salary, the TU/e has excellent fringe benefits such as reimbursement of moving expenses, training and development opportunities and excellent sports facilities.
Additional informationFor further information
- For more information about this vacancy, please contact M.Sc. F.K. Feenstra (tel.: 040 - 247 4624, e-mail: email@example.com)
- If you have any questions about the recruitment and selection procedure, please contact S.G.J. Opgenoorth (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org);
- You can find information about TU/e and the department of IE&IS at www.tue.nl.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
Your application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum Vitae
Internal candidates will have priority in the selection procedure. Applications for this position are open until June 1st, 2020.
A selection assessment may be part of the selection procedure.