Project Officer (0,8 – 1,0 fte)
Are you our new project officer for the research theme Sustainability?
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
Your core responsibility will be to provide research grant support to researchers within the department Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences (IE&IS), with a focus on Sustainability research. The Department IE&IS comprises seven research groups and has organized its research around 4 major research themes:
- Logistics and its interfaces
- Value of big data
- Humans and Technology
In this position, you will mainly provide support to the 'Sustainability' theme, but you will also reach out to the other topics and research groups. You will support the development of the research program by contributing to the acquisition and coordination of projects and by developing relevant networks.
You will include both strategic planning and actual support for project applications concerning NWO calls, EU Horizon Europe calls, and other relevant research funding opportunities as well as building and maintaining a relevant strategic network.
This position includes the following tasks:
- Tracking and actively searching suitable opportunities for research funding, providing tailored information to scientists about calls that fit their expertise, and proactively initiating proposals together with scientists.
- Actively supporting scientists in writing research proposals, at various levels (advising, reviewing, and where possible 'co-writing' sections on subjects such as finance, research relevance/impact and exploitation).
- Where appropriate, assisting project management in case of successfully acquired projects.
- Managing the portfolio of projects (keeping track of all subsidy applications and evaluating their outcome in order to inform future bids).
- Building and maintaining networks with (international) funding institutions, potential research partners/consortia, scientists within the department and within the TU/e.
- Participation in national and international meetings about research programmes; general (interest) representation of our university on this subject at, among others, the NWO, the national science agenda, EU Horizon Europe etc.
- Regular meetings (e.g. monthly) with the most relevant research groups and group leaders concerned to discuss the state of affairs, develop new activities, etc.
You will work together with the TU/e-wide Innovation Lab, where you will form a group with other project officers to exchange experiences and build up knowledge. Research activities also target TU/e cross-disciplinary collaboration research themes the Eindhoven AI Systems Institute (EASI), the Eindhoven Institute for Renewable Energy Systems (EIRES) and the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS).
- You have a MSc in a relevant discipline and affinity with sustainability;
- You have several years of relevant professional experience, for example in industry, a research consultancy, a funding agency, a research institute or a university;
- You have experience in supporting the development of research grants;
- You have knowledge of project funders and the formal/administrative elements of calls and programmes;
- You have excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- You have excellent networking skills;
- You are a team player in cooperation with researchers, support staff as well as other departments, universities and companies;
- You are goal-oriented, proactive, organized, hands-on, reliable and considered a recognized sparring partner.
- Dutch conversational skills are a plus
- A temporary position of two years for 0,8 - 1,0 fte. A permanent position will be considered after a positive evaluation of the temporary contract.
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.790 and € 5.127 (on a full-time basis), depending on experience and knowledge.
- Additionally, a holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- In addition to an attractive salary, the TU/e has excellent fringe benefits such as reimbursement of moving expenses, training and development opportunities and excellent sports facilities.
- For more information about this vacancy, please contact M.Sc. F.K. Feenstra (tel.: 040 - 247 4624, e-mail: f.k.feenstra[at]tue.nl
- If you have any questions about the recruitment and selection procedure, please contact S.G.J. Opgenoorth (e-mail: hrservices.ieis[at]tue.nl);
- You can find information about TU/e and the department of IE&IS at www.tue.nl
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
Please note that only 1 document of 10 Mb can be uploaded. Please do not send us applications by e-mail.
Your application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum Vitae
Internal candidates will have priority in the selection procedure. Applications for this position are open until 1 May 2021.
A selection assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature