Teacher Support Team Leader/Education Development Officer
A team of motivated and professional teacher support officers / education experts helps the TU/e teachers design their education. Our mission is to provide …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
A team of motivated and professional teacher support officers / education experts helps the TU/e teachers design their education. Our mission is to provide teachers with high-quality ICT in Education (ICTE) support that is always up to date. The team supports the lecturer during the educational design process, analyses, advises, spars, but also has a hands-on mentality and makes a difference. In this way, we enable the teachers to develop forms of education that optimally help transfer the specialist knowledge of lecturers to the students. In that educational design, the student is always central. We always strive to achieve an effective and efficient design.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
With over 100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, about 1100 Bachelor students and 600 Master students, M&CS is one of the largest departments of the TU/e. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, and maintaining strong ties with industry, M&CS aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region. M&CS is offering high-quality educational programs including multiple Bachelor and Master programs, all fully taught in English, including a full Data Science curriculum and a new Data Science and AI MSc program.
Education Innovation at TU/e
Various preconditions have been created at the TU/e for innovations in education. Many new educational ICT systems and AV resources are also now making it possible to design education in an optimal mix of forms. Teachers are making increasing use of this.
In this function, you will have a leading position in teacher support within the department of M&CS and a diversity of educational innovations at the whole TU/e. You will closely cooperate with program coordinators, program directors and the departmental managers of Education and Students Affairs and the chain of (departmental) teacher supporters. For Mathematics and Computer Science, you will be the reliable key-user of the educational management system (e.g., Canvas), assessment tools (e.g. Ans, Cirrus, etc.), tools for interaction (e.g. Mentimeter, Feedback Fruits) and other educational tools. You will lead a team consisting of a fellow teacher support officer and various support staff to support teachers with hands-on tasks as well as innovative developments.
Are you the trusted innovative educational developer with a well-founded vision who functions optimally in a matrix of actors, and are you a team player with a service-oriented attitude so that insight, didactic knowledge, tools and experiences can be disseminated throughout the organization?
Will you, together with others in our team, be keeping up with ICTE developments and will you be giving that extra boost to the range of possibilities and solutions that Mathematics and Computer Science and the entire chain of teacher support officers can offer our teachers?
Do you tackle educational innovations on a project basis and only let go when a new success has been achieved?
Can you switch roles from leading educational projects to supporting teachers with hands-on tasks?
Can you collaborate with teachers by guiding them to shape an optimal blend of learning forms for effective learning for students in a high-quality engineering education?
Do you like pioneering and sharing experiences with the community?
Then we look forward to receiving your application! Particularly if you recognize the following characteristics in yourself:
• University graduate, specializing in Education or related studies
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
• Experience with ICT in education, affinity with technical and scientific subjects
• Experience with project-based work
• Experience in leading a team
• Good command of the English language, spoken and written
• Ability to communicate and collaborate well with teachers
• Support-oriented attitude and hands-on mentality.
A more comprehensive job profile is available upon request.
- A 1,0 fte appointment (0,8 fte is an option that can be considered.)
- Depending on experience and education, the salary for a full-time contract ranges between € 2.790 and € 5.211,- gross per month (salary scale 10-11 CAO Dutch Universities).
- Broad package of fringe benefits, for instance a year-end bonus of 8.3%, holiday allowance of 8%, 41 paid holidays and excellent sport facilities.
- Initially temporary appointment for a period of one year, possibly via Euflex (TU/e secondment agency of TU/e). The employment contract may be extended in the event of good performance and if the financial conditions remain the same.
Additional informationEuflex, contact person: Cécile Gijsbers, senior consultant, 06-51164692, email@example.com.
Your application will be considered immediately after receiving your CV and cover letter.