Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Transport and Logistics (1 fte)
Are you our next Assistant Professor in Transport and Logistics?
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The focus of the research area is Transport and Logistics, focusing on important distribution processes in the supply chain. You will help formulating (managerial) decisions regarding the design, operations and control of these distribution processes in order to make them optimally efficient and cost-effective. You will contribute to important new areas that arise from considering real-life distribution, requiring so-called rich models. As such, the role of and the ability to handle stochasticity, uncertainty, time-dependency and dynamics gains importance. In the same line of reasoning, also integrated models, where different decisions (levels) are combined are important and become even more important when considering urban contexts. Your research will have impact to application domains as (but not limited to) short-haul transportation (e.g. vehicle routing problems, urban logistics, crowd logistics, omnichannel supply chains) and long-haul transportation (e.g. multimodal transportation, synchro modality, or service network design), and will interface with other disciplines (e.g. inventory, warehousing, etc.).
You will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in the area of Artificial Intelligence for decision-making; teach and co-develop courses in Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering; initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group and the department.
Operations, Planning, Accounting & Control group
You will contribute to the OPAC group, which traditionally has a strong presence in application domains such as logistics, maintenance optimization, manufacturing, and supply chain. You are expected to develop a research portfolio that lies on the interface between these application domains and one or more subareas of machine learning.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Research experience in (rich) Vehicle Routing Problems, Inventory-Routing Problems, Warehousing, Stochastic programming, Branch-and-Bound methods, and/or, meta-heuristics, etc.
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years, the tenure decision will be made.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Tom van Woensel, professor, hiring manager, T.v.Woensel[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5017.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth, HR-advisor, S.G.J.Opgenoorth[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 4465.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We are committed to the cause of gender equality and, in case of equal suitability, we give preference to female candidates.