Tenure-track Asst/Assoc/Full Professor Machine Learning for Molecular Design
The Department of Biomedical Engineering has a vacancy for a Tenure-track Assistant, Associate or Full Professor Machine Learning for Molecular Design.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling. The department has more than 800 students and up to 200 tenured and non-tenured employees.
Institute for Complex Molecular Systems
The Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS) is an interdisciplinary institute at the TU/e which brings excellent researchers from different areas together to promote cross-breeding of ideas across disciplines in the departments Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering. The institute aims to create and study biologically relevant functional structures with the ultimate goal of understanding the complexity of life.
See here for more information about the department and here or more information about the current research programs.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is ranked as one of the most innovative universities located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands, the Brainport region. The unique positioning in one of Europe's leading tech regions also means excellent job opportunities for spouses. TU/e actively facilitates career opportunities for partners of successful candidates. Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in the Netherlands, and including suburbs, it has about 420,000 inhabitants. Our training and research programs are highly regarded, and we foster close relationships with companies, organizations, and research institutes in the Brainport region and beyond. Fundamental and applied research are equally valued here. The high rank of the TU/e is due to the impact of its scientific research and also to its scientific co-publications with industry. TU/e is a social and inspiring university with a vibrant culture. Surrounded by people who share your scientific ambitions, we translate our basic research into meaningful solutions. The TU/e currently has nine departments, with over 11,000 students in total.
Eindhoven University of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
What we are looking for: We seek to appoint a scientist or engineer who is passionate about research as well as teaching. We are looking for outstanding candidates whose research interests will complement or extend current research directions in the Department. Candidates should have a successful scientific track record and be able to formulate an independent research program addressing current scientific and/or technological challenges.
Machine Learning for Molecular Design
Machine learning has enormous potential to revolutionize molecular design by accelerating exploration of chemical space. The person in this position will apply artificial intelligence approaches for the computational design of new proteins, protein complexes and/or drugs. The new faculty member will be expected to develop a strong, internationally recognized program in data-driven molecular design. Examples of relevant research topics include, but are not limited to: i) Machine learning assisted computational protein design and protein engineering, ii) application of machine learning and/or generative deep learning approaches to accelerate drug discovery and de novo drug design, iii) application of machine learning in molecular modeling and simulations.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 4 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- For the position of Assistant Professor, we offer a gross salary of € 3545,- to € 5513,-per month, depending on expertise and experience (scale 11 - 12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), including 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end of year remuneration.
- Associate Professor gross salary is in the range of € 5.039 to € 6.738
- Full Professor gross salary is in the range of € 5.582 to € 8.128
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- Information about the relevant research groups connected to this position can be found at:
- Questions regarding the academic content of the position can be directed to prof. dr. ir Tom F. A. de Greef (t.f.a.d.greef[at[tue.nl)
- For information about the Biomedical Engineering department at TU/e see: https://www.tue.nl/en/our-university/departments/biomedical-engineering/
- For information about the employment conditions at TU/e see here.
- Other information can be obtained from the HR department, e-mail: HRServices.Gemini[at[tue.nl
How to apply: If you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply now' button on the TU/e website. Your application must include:
If you are interested in this position, you can only use the 'apply now'-button on this page.
Your application must contain the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position
- A detailed CV
- A detailed list of publications and achievements
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- The contact information of three referees
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature