3 dagen geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Two assistant/associate professor tenure positions in Artificial Intelligence
The Department of Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) invites applications for two tenure-track assistant/associate professor positions in Artificial Intelligence. The start date in 2018 is flexible. The screening of applications will start on March 30th, 2018 (reference number: V32.3288).
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
TU/e is a highly ranked university in both research and teaching. The basic and the application-inspired research are equally valued here. TU/e is often ranked exceptionally high based on scientific co-publications with industry and the impact of its scientific research.
TU/e has identified Artificial Intelligence (AI) as one of the key multi-disciplinary research opportunities in the taskforce TU/e 2030. Various research groups at Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and other departments of TU/e have been active and visible within the area of AI and its applications. There is an ongoing initiative at both the university level and the faculty level to strengthen our AI research and AI education.
The department of Computer Science is looking for two Assistant /Associate Professors in Artificial Intelligence who have an ambition to build their own research groups in AI.
We search for top candidates in all areas of AI, including but not limited to deep learning, symbolic AI, Ubiquitous AI, Explainable and responsible AI, AI with human in the loop as well as subareas targeting specific applications in healthcare, robotics, education or sciences.
The precise research focus will be left to you, and your personal research interests and preferences.
As a newly appointed faculty member, you will start in the Data mining group with support to grow your own AI group. Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important since we expect you to develop and teach AI courses at all levels.
However, in the first years of employment, your teaching duties will be reduced to 30% leaving 70% of your time for research, developing collaboration with other research groups and industry, and building your own research group.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
Further information with respect to the signature of the position is available from prof.dr. Mykola Pechenizkiy (email@example.com).
Further information concerning employment conditions can be obtained from Mrs. Arianne Boekema, HR Advisor M&CS, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in the position of tenure-track assistant/associate professor, and would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply for this job'-button at the top of this page. Your application must contain the following documents (all in English):
Please send us your application before June 30th, 2018
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the positions have been filled.