Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Two-year Post-master PDEng on harvesting heat from water in Theme Park Efteling
The world famous Theme Park Efteling is investigating how to apply aqua-thermal solutions in its energy systems. The Theme Park Efteling seems excellently …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The world famous Theme Park Efteling is investigating how to apply aqua-thermal solutions in its energy systems. The Theme Park Efteling seems excellently suited for aqua-thermal solutions because of its many ponds and canals that could be used to harvest heat. The idea is to store that heat in the subsurface (Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage) for later use in winter to heat the buildings and facilities of the park. As a PDEng candidate you will investigate the practical applicability of aqua-thermal solutions in cooperation with Deltares Research Institute and the local installation company.
You will be part of the Sustainable Buildings and Cities (SBC) programme. The SBC programme trains excellent and highly motivated MSc graduates to become highly qualified technological designers. After the two year program our trainees are technological designers with a broad technological understanding of the disciplines relevant to SBC (architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, building physics and services and ICT), who excel in their own discipline and who are able to work in multidisciplinary design teams, contribute to design issues outside their own core disciplines, integrate different technologies into new products and concepts, and who understand the commercial aspects of these innovative products and concepts. The trainee receives an internationally recognized Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng degree).
- A master's degree (or an equivalent university degree) in a relevant field of engineering (civil, mechanical, hydro) with a drive for practical solutions.
- A design oriented attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and interested in collaborating with the industrial partners.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with a close relationship to industry.
- A full-time employment for two years.
- To support you during your PDEng and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will have free access to a personal development program for PDEng trainees.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationDo you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact prof.dr.ir. D.M.J. Smeulders, d.m.j.smeulders[at]tue.nl.
For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, click here.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include:
- A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Copies of relevant BSc and MSc diplomas and grade transcripts.
- The result of an English proficiency test such as IELTS or TOEFL.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature