University Level Teacher Computer Science
Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is looking for two university level teachers Computer Science
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is responsible for three Bachelor Level programs and four Master Level programs. Over the last few years, the number of students has increased significantly. Within the unique Bachelor College system of Eindhoven University, the Department also teaches two successful university-wide courses to 2000+ students. The Department is therefore seeking to expand its teaching capacity and is looking for highly motivated teachers in computer science.
You will be involved in courses taught in English. All courses are taught by a team of instructors, so you can develop your skills and gain experience. Among the tasks are lecturing, teaching tutorials, and assessing assignments and exams. You will also act as technical advisor in the software engineering project that serves as the bachelor final project in Computer Science. You will teach courses and give instructions in the area of theoretical computer science (data structures, algorithms, formal languages, discrete structures, etc.), system (architecture, IoT, security), and/or software engineering (programming courses on Java, Python, Haskell, courses on UML and SysML, etc.).
You will spend 80% of your time teaching while 20% is available for research and other tasks. Part of the teaching time can be used for innovation in teaching materials and methods (e.g. blended learning) within the educational innovation group Edin of the department. The positions offer a great opportunity for candidates with teaching experience and/or who would like to gain experience in a dynamic, innovative teaching environment. We are looking for candidates who are team players with a passion for teaching and ideas for teaching students (with different backgrounds) in an innovative, interactive way.
Candidates should fulfil the following requirements:
- PhD in mathematics, computer science, data science or related fields. Candidates who are close to completing their PhD thesis will also be considered.
- A drive to engage in top-level teaching and relevant teaching experience at the Bachelor and/or Master level. In addition, you have or are willing to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch) and you have good teaching skills, as evidenced by teaching experience and good evaluations.
- Excellent command of English (written/verbal) at minimum C1 level. The ability to speak or the willingness to learn Dutch is appreciated.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and with students who have a natural science background.
- Team player and prepared to play an active citizenship role within the group you will be working in.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university. The opportunity to develop yourself (a.o. through obtaining UTQ ('BKO')). The possibility to perform research in education innovation (technology-enhanced education, blended learning etc.).
- An appointment for initially 1 year with the possibility to extend to 4 years. The starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.
- A gross monthly salary of a Lecturer (UFO Lecturer 4 or 3) between € 2,790 and € 5,127 (based on a fulltime appointment), depending on experience and knowledge.
- Additionally an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationDo you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof. F.G.M.T. Cuypers (f.g.m.t.cuypers[at]tue.nl)
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
If you are interested in this position, and you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply now'-button at the top of this page.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
The application should include (all in English):
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position.
- An extensive curriculum vitae including publication list and teaching evaluations (if any).
- A teaching statement
Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the positions have been filled. If they fulfill the job requirements, internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.