3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Science is looking for a 38 PhD candidates in the field of sustainable energy conversion . Are you interested? Then please read…
PROMINENT is focused at setting up a dedicated doctoral training program for 16 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs; PhD students) at the University Medical Center …
PROMINENT is focused at setting up a dedicated doctoral training program for 16 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs; PhD students) at the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) and the University of Groningen (RUG). PROMINENT aims to select the best students to become excellently trained researchers, who can perform high quality research, and who subsequently have a major impact on scientific breakthroughs that foster the European society and economy in this field.
Who can apply?
- The most important criteria are enthusiasm, excellence, commitment to research and team spirit. Candidates can freely choose from the 16 available projects during the selection process, but are requested to apply for a maximum of two projects of their interest.
- Educational background preferably in the area of natural and medical sciences, such as (bio)chemistry, molecular (micro)biology, biotechnology, synthetic biology, applied physics, nanoscience, (bio)medical sciences, pharmacy or combinations thereof.
- Candidates need to have completed a European master’s degree or equivalent prior to the application deadline (1 May 2018). Candidates have to be in their first four years of their research career and not yet be awarded with a doctoral degree. Specific expertise can be a plus, but methods can always be learned and projects can be tailored to the specific skills and at the time of recruitment.
- Excellent proficiency in English language.
- Open for all nationalities. In compliance with the EU mobility rule, at the time of application deadline (1 May 2018), candidates shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the application deadline.
- Only applications that are complete, in English and submitted before the deadline will be considered eligible.
Applications should comprise:
Document 1: Curriculum Vitae containing:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your personal details like name, address etc)
- Copy of your Master certificate
- Copy/transcript(s) of your grades (please include Bachelor and Master grades)
- Motivation letter, specifying your interest and suitability for both the PhD position and the PROMINENT joint research program as well as your career ambitions.
- Summary of your research experience including details of the master research project, educational and employment history and a list of publications (if applicable) (max. 1 A4).
- Proficiency in English: Copy/transcript of your TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge test score
Please merge all documents into a single PDF file.
Document 2: A completed form containing (please download this form here)
- information required during the recruitment procedure
- your preference for one or two of the offered projects
Maximum size for both documents is total: 30 MB. Applications have to be submitted electronically in PDF format by means of the application form (bottom of this page).