Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen - Wageningen
Assistant Professor Information Systems & personalized drug treatment (0.5 fte)
We offer a parttime position for an assistant professor within our clinical research group with the potential to grow to associate professor when meeting the criteria. We are looking for a creative and ambitious medical ...
- Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
We offer a parttime position for an assistant professor within our clinical research group with the potential to grow to associate professor when meeting the criteria. We are looking for a creative and ambitious medical doctor, who contributes to this group with innovative approaches for conducting drug research using health information data systems. This parttime position could be combined with clinical activities or research projects, the latter requiring external funding to be attracted. The parttime position will also include supervising students conducting bachelor, master or PhD projects.
- PhD in medicine or a related discipline; a medical doctor is preferred
- Proven expertise with conducting research utilizing (big) health data and at least three years of postdoc experience
- Strong methodological/IT expertise needed for ‘big data’ research, machine learning and/or predictive information systems
- Affinity with our focus on developing personalized treatment for diabetes and/or infectious diseases
- Ability in attracting external research funding
- Proven educational, supervision and writing skills
- Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or willingness to acquire this qualification within in the 3-4 years
- A good (international) network in Health Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence and/or eHealth is an advantage
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
ConditionsWe offer a parttime 0,5 fte position, for a period of one year to start with, and upon a positive performance the appointment will be followed by a permanent position.
Your salary will be a maximum of € 6.665,- (scale 14), depending on you qualifications and relevant experience, based on a fulltime appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget.
The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
The UMCG is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity among its faculty, students, and staff and strongly encourages applications from women.
Additional informationProf. dr. P. Denig, head of Section Research
+31 (0)50 361 7885
Prof. dr. J.G.W. Kosterink, head Department Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology
+31 (0)50 361 4070
department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology
Department Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology The department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology at the University Center Groningen researches and teaches the field of personalized drug treatment. One of the aims is to understand variability in drug response and drug-related outcomes. The concept of personalized treatment stresses the need to look at individuals rather than populations when developing, testing, evaluating, selecting and monitoring drug treatment. Within our research group we focus on medication for diabetes and for infectious diseases. With the increasing availability of ‘big data’ from electronic medical records and additional options to collect rich data from patients through apps and point-of-care measurements, new opportunities are evolving to use such data for our research on personalized treatment.