Associate Professor or Full Professor Medical Statistics
- You are ambitious and love scientific challenges - You are able to profile the department as center of expertise in the area of statistics of 'life course …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- You are ambitious and love scientific challenges
- You are able to profile the department as center of expertise in the area of statistics of 'life course epidemiology'
- You organize and maintain good collaborations with clinical and epidemiological researchers
- You are able to build bridges to other fields of research expertise
- You are heading the unit 'Medical statistics and decision support'
- You perform scientific research in medical statistics and 'life course epidemiology'
- You provide teaching in medical statistics, in collaboration with the staff members of the unit
- You report directly to the head of department of Epidemiology
- A senior biostatistician with a strong quantitative background (PhD in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, AI or comparble) with experience in medical sciences/life sciences
- An internationally esteemed researcher with excellent publications in peer-reviewed journals and proven track record in securing competitive national and international grants
- Firm knowledge of scientific research
- Affinity with 'life course epidemiology'
- Proven experience with designing and providing teaching, preferably in a medical program
- A good communicator and excellent team player, able to build bridges to other professional specialisms
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsIt is a permanent position.
The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
Based on experience and education we offer you a position as associate professor or full professor. An interview with an appointment advisory committee (BAC) is part of the procedure. In case of an appointment as associate professors, terms related to promotion to full professor can be negotiated.
For more information about this vacancy you may contact:
prof. Marike Boezen, head Department of Epidemiology, phone: (050) 361 07 39 (secretary) or e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use for applications)