1 dag geleden - Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH)
Group leader in Immunology
The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is linked to the University of Groningen (UG). Research, teaching, professional training and patient care are …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 uur
The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is linked to the University of Groningen (UG). Research, teaching, professional training and patient care are closely integrated and the research facilities are excellent. The UMCG’s mission is ‘Building the Future of Health’ which is achieved by focusing its research on mechanisms of disease, innovative treatments and prevention.
The UMCG has an excellent track record in translational and clinical oncology research. In a multidisciplinary approach, world-class pre-clinical and clinical studies are performed on adoptive T cell-based treatments, tumor vaccination and immune checkpoint inhibitors, in which molecular imaging plays a prominent role. More than 60 principal investigators are connected within the Cancer Research Center Groningen (CRCG), which is part of our Comprehensive Cancer Center. The applicant has access to state-of-the-art core facilities, including our flow cytometry, advanced microscopy, genomics and animal facilities.
- PhD degree for at least 5 years on reference date 1 January 2021.
- Good research track record demonstrated by:
1. Original research papers in international top journals;
2. Reviews, research opinions or other publications showing your contribution to the field;
3. Other research output, e.g. patents, methods, databases;
4. Citation record;
5. Any means to show the value and influence of your research, e.g. uptake in policy documents or practice guidelines.
- Success in acquiring external funding for research projects.
- Proof of independence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Team player and demonstrable organizational qualities and communication skills.
- A well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan for the first five years taking into account the international research landscape in your field of specialization.
- Experience in teaching, including a university teaching qualification or the willingness to obtain one.
- A track record of close collaboration with clinicians is a pre.
- A track record in using state-of-the-art techniques to investigate cancer immunotherapy, either in the context of immune checkpoint inhibitors, adoptive T-cell-based therapeutics or related areas.
ConditionsIn accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for the Dutch University Medical Centers, we offer:
- An assistant, associate or adjunct professor position, depending on track record.
- A start-up package for your research including a 4-year PhD position and € 250.000 research bench fee.
- Dual career support for partners of new UMCG staff moving to Groningen
You are invited to apply before 23 August 2021 by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below).
Applicants should submit:
1. A full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications and other research output (file 1.)
2. A letter of motivation (file 2.)
3. A 3-5 page statement of research accomplishments and future research goals (file 3.)
4. A list of five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (file 4.)
5. A teaching statement (file 5.)
6. The names and contact information (including e-mail address) of 3 referees (file 5.)
The application files should be sent electronically in PDF format.
Applications with missing credentials will not be taken into consideration.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. dr. Gerwin Huls, email@example.com
- Prof. Dr. Jourik Gietema, firstname.lastname@example.org