Independent group leader in Mucosal Immunology
To strengthen our team we now have a tenure track position available for a highly talented mucosal immunologist with a PhD or MD/PhD degree who has …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
To strengthen our team we now have a tenure track position available for a highly talented mucosal immunologist with a PhD or MD/PhD degree who has successfully completed relevant post-doctoral training. Our ambition is to further understand the disturbed homeostasis between the mucosal immune-system and the gut microbial content to identify potential drug targets or leads for personalizing treatment. We expect the new team member to work on functional translation of findings from ongoing large scale multi-omics (e.g. microbiome, genomic, scRNAseq) analyses in the context of chronic intestinal diseases, by making use of state of the art research technologies (e.g. Tissue chips, CyTof) . In the research center there is a strong focus on using available human materials (e.g. intestinal biopsies, intestinal organoids, iPSCs) in in vitro/ex vivo model systems like gut-on-a-chip technology, which should be complemented by human immunological approaches.
We are looking for a team player with an excellent track record in mucosal immunology at an internationally competitive level. The candidate should have an interest in collaboration with clinicians to work on clinically relevant research aimed at improving patient care.
- The successful candidate is expected to build or extend an independent research line, at an internationally competitive level.
- Excellent scientific achievements in mucosal research, as documented by internationally recognized research publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- The candidate is expected to raise extramural research funding. A track record in securing external funding is an asset.
- The successful candidate is expected to drive immunological research forward within the UMCG in strong collaboration with immunologist working in other areas of interest.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Affinity with teaching for (under)graduate students.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsThe successful applicant can be hired at the tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor level, and salary and starting package are depending on experience and track-record. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Academic Medical Centers (CAO-UMC)
For more information about this vacancy you may contact:
Prof R.K. Weersma, Chair of the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, +31 50 361 2620 (secretariat), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use for applications)