Independent group leader in Onco-Immunology
We are looking for an outstanding and highly motivated individual with a PhD or MD/PhD degree and successfully completed post-doctoral training in a relevant …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
We are looking for an outstanding and highly motivated individual with a PhD or MD/PhD degree and successfully completed post-doctoral training in a relevant area of onco-immunology. The ideal candidate has a track record in using state-of-the-art techniques to investigate cancer immunotherapy, either in the context of immune checkpoint inhibitors, adoptive T-cell-based therapeutics or related areas. Applicants must provide a record of scientific excellence through publications and acquisition of funding/fellowships. The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and exciting research line, and catalyze our ongoing onco-immunology research.
We are looking for a team player, with a desire to clinically translate cancer biology concepts, and is admissible to back-translate questions that arise from the clinical application of cancer immunotherapy. The candidate should have a track record of successful collaboration with clinicians and a genuine interest in clinically relevant research aimed at improving patient care. The candidate will benefit and contribute to our successful interdisciplinary research environment and the close cooperation within the Cancer Research Center Groningen and the various associated oncological and immunology departments within the UMCG.
- The successful candidate is expected to build or extend an independent research line, at an internationally competitive level.
- Excellent scientific achievements in cancer immunology research, as documented by internationally recognized research publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- The candidate is expected to raise extramural research funding. A track record in securing external funding is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Affinity with teaching for (under)graduate students.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsThe successful applicant can be hired at the tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor level, and salary and starting package are depending on experience and track-record. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Academic Medical Centers (CAO-UMC)
For more information about this vacancy you may contact:
Prof. dr. Marcel van Vugt, email@example.com (please do not use for applications)
Additional informationUniversity of Groningen - Research