Independent group leader in Transplant Immunology
We are seeking a highly talented and broadly oriented immunologist with strong expertise in translational research in transplantation immunology who is able …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
We are seeking a highly talented and broadly oriented immunologist with strong expertise in translational research in transplantation immunology who is able to bridge the traditional borders of innate and adaptive immunity. The candidate has an excellent track record of independent research with high quality publications and successful acquisition of funding.
In line with the focus of our program on ischemia reperfusion damage and organ storage we aim to attract a candidate with a strong interest in developing a research line focusing on the effects of the initial damage response on immune response pathways leading to chronic rejection and deterioration of the transplanted organ. By increasing our understanding of changes in immunological risk over time in the transplanted organ and recipient we aim to develop more personalized treatment strategies.
The candidate should have a track record of successful collaboration with clinicians and a genuine interest in clinically relevant research aimed at improving patient care. The candidate has to be a strong team player to be able to develop a new research line within a large center with multiple partners and opportunities.
- The successful candidate is expected to build or extend an independent research line, at an internationally competitive level.
- Excellent scientific achievements in transplant immunology, as documented by internationally recognized research publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- The candidate is expected to raise extramural research funding. A track record in securing external funding is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Affinity with teaching for (under)graduate students.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsThe successful applicant can be hired at the tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor level, and salary and starting package are depending on experience and track-record. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Academic Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
For more information about this vacancy you may contact:
prof. dr. S.P. Berger, firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use for applications)
Additional informationGroningen Institute for Organ Transplantation (GIOT)
University of Groningen - Research
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature