Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
The Intelligent Vehicles group at TU Delft (www.intelligent-vehicles.org) is seeking a PhD candidate with an interest in performing cutting edge research in …
The TRANSSES project aims to answer the following three research questions, each of which will be the basis of a Work Package (WP): - 1: To what extent and by …
The TRANSSES project aims to answer the following three research questions, each of which will be the basis of a Work Package (WP):
- 1: To what extent and by what pathways does parental socioeconomic status (SES) influence levels of adverse cardio metabolic health and (precursors of) depression of their children during childhood and youth? (WP1)
- 2: To what extent and by what pathways do parental and individuals’ own SES influence levels of an adverse cardio metabolic health and (precursors of) depression during adulthood? (WP2)
- 3: Which types of preventive and other interventions hold most promise with regard to their potential health gains? (WP3)
For WP1 and WP2, Lifelines data will be used including data from interviews, questionnaires and physical examinations. These Lifelines data contains information about biological, social and family factors which play a role in potential pathways linking SES to health outcomes. In WP3, focus group discussions will be held with various stakeholders. The results of these focus group discussions and the results from WP1 and WP2 will be used to conduct simulation studies in order to answer our third research question.
ON this project, two PhD students will be employed. The first PhD student will focus on WP1, the second PhD student on WP2, and both will contribute to WP3. Currently, we are looking for one PhD student who is interested in WP2.
Eligible candidates should have the following qualifications:
- A degree in Epidemiology or in Medical, Health, or Social Sciences
- A passion for research
- Relevant experience in and affinity with the research theme
- Knowledge of and experience in (advanced) statistical methods for analyzing longitudinal data
- Excellent English writing and presentation skills
- Good organizational and communication skills, being a team-player
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is a pro
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Behaviour’ is required.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature