Ongeveer 11 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD-student (ESR1): tumour-selective PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy and drug delivery
Development and preclinical validation of tumour-selective PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapeutics and drug delivery systems This PhD student position offers an …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
Development and preclinical validation of tumour-selective PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapeutics and drug delivery systems
This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research project aimed at further development of targeting of the PD-1/PD-L1 immune checkpoint for cancer immunotherapy. In brief, a novel bispecific antibody-based approach that selectively removes this important checkpoint at the site of the cancer will be developed. Further, the immunotherapeutic will be formulated in state-of-the-art Drug Delivery Systems (DDS) to ensure timely and tumor-localized release of bioactive drug. This approach will be tested in in-house developed model systems for tumor-selective binding and functional immunomodulatory activity. This research project will end with a PhD thesis defense at the University of Groningen.
Keywords: checkpoint targeting, bispecific antibody, nanoparticles, surface modification, drug-delivery
- Preparation of tumour-targeted bsAbs & immunocytokines
- Nanoparticle-based drug-delivery formulation
- Primary patient-derived cell culturing
- Development of 3D model of tumor micro-environment
- Various encapsulation and surface modification activities
- Optimization of the in vitro test conditions for a realistic simulation of the in vivo conditions
- Management, presentation and publication of research data
- You are in the first four years of your research career and does not have a doctoral degree
- Residence duration in the Netherlands does not exceed 12 months in total within the last 3 years
- MSc in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, engineering or related
- Collaboration skills, demonstrating agility and initiative. Ability to communicate effectively in English
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsA PhD student position for 3 years as part of a Marie Curie Actions Innovative Industrial Doctorate training network. 1st Hosting institution: Location: UMCG, Groningen, The Netherlands, duration: 18 months. 2nd Hosting institution: Location: InoCure, Prague, Czech Republic , duration: 18 months. Intended start date: April 2019. Benefits according to EU MCA regulations.
Applying for a job
Please send your application to email@example.com as job application ESR1 PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy. The application deadline is 28 February 2019.
(please do not use the digital application form)