1 dag geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
PhD-student (ESR2): Tumour-selective targeting of innate immune checkpoints
Cancer immunomodulation by tumour-selective targeting of innate immune checkpoints This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
FunctieomschrijvingCancer immunomodulation by tumour-selective targeting of innate immune checkpoints
This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research project that aims to develop targeting of innate immune checkpoints for cancer immunotherapy. In brief, novel bispecific antibody-based approaches that selectively remove important checkpoints, such as CD47/SIRPalpha interaction, on innate immunity at the site of the cancer will be developed. Herewith, we aim to reactivate innate as well as adaptive immunity through enhanced antigen presentation and, thereby, trigger curative anticancer immunity. These immunotherapeutics will be formulated in state-of-the-art Drug Delivery Systems (DDS) to ensure timely and tumor-localized release of bioactive drug. This approach will be tested in in-house developed model systems for tumor cell-selective binding and functional immunomodulatory activity. This research project will end with a PhD thesis defense at the University of Groningen.
Keywords: innate immunity, checkpoint targeting, bispecific antibody, nanoparticles, surface modification, drug-delivery
- Preparation of tumour-targeted bsAbs & immunocytokines
- Nanoparticle-based drug-delivery formulation
- Primary patient-derived cell culturing
- Development of 3D model of tumor micro-environment
- Various encapsulation and surface modification activities
- Optimization of the in vitro test conditions for a realistic simulation of the in vivo conditions
- Management, presentation and publication of research data
- You are in the first four years of your research career and does not have a doctoral degree
- Residence duration in the Netherlands does not exceed 12 months in total within the last 3 years
- MSc in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, engineering or related
- Collaboration skills, demonstrating agility and initiative. Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsA PhD student position for 3 years as part of a Marie Curie Actions Innovative Industrial Doctorate training network. 1st Hosting institution: Location: UMCG, Groningen, The Netherlands, duration: 18 months. 2nd Hosting institution: Location: Surflay, Berlin, Germany, duration: 18 months. Intended start date: June 2019 . Benefits according to EU MCA regulations.
Applying for a job
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as job application ESR2 Tumour-selective targeting of innate immune checkpoints. The application deadline is 30 April 2019.
(please do not use the digital application form)