PhD-student (ESR5): Targeted inhibition of novel immune checkpoints
This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research project that aims to uncover and develop new immune checkpoints for cancer immunotherapy …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research project that aims to uncover and develop new immune checkpoints for cancer immunotherapy and will result in a PhD thesis. The project is dedicated to the validation and therapeutic antibody-based targeting of new immune checkpoints recently identified at the UMCG using (single cell) RNA sequencing of tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes. Further, antibodies will be embedded in drug delivery systems based on nanoparticles, e.g. optimized for long-term circulation and targeting to the tumour site by passive EPR mechanism and active binding of antibodies/peptides to the surface of particles. This research project will end with a PhD thesis defense at the University of Groningen.
Keywords: immune checkpoints, RNAseq, bispecific antibody, drug-delivery, surface modification nanoparticles
- Multi-color IHC and flow cytometry on patient-derived material
- Development of novel immune checkpoint antibody-based therapeutics
- Preclinical in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept studies using primary patient-derived cells
- Various nanoparticle encapsulation, release and surface modification activities
- Further optimization of the particle properties for long-term drug release and specific targeting
- Development and optimization of polymeric scaffolds for realistic cell growth conditions
- Ensuring controlled delivery of particles to targets and a controlled release of immobilized active material on-target via suitable triggers (pH, etc.)
- Operation, optimization and further development of a bioanalysis platform that uses functionalized microparticles (model tumor cells) as sensors (Measurement principle: Whispering Gallery Modes)
- Management, presentation and publication of research data
- You are in the first four years of your research career and not have a doctoral degree
- Residence duration in the Netherlands does not exceed 12 months in total within the last 3 years
- MSc in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology
- Collaboration skills, demonstrating agility and initiative. Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsA PhD student position for 3 years as part of a Marie Curie Actions Innovative Industrial Doctorate training network. 1st Hosting institution: Location: UMCG, Groningen, Netherlands, duration: 18 months. 2nd Hosting institution: Location: Surflay, Berlin, Germany, duration: 18 months. Intended start date: June 2019. Benefits according to EU MCA regulations.
Applying for a job
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as job application ESR5 Targeted inhibition of novel immune checkpoints. The application deadline is 30 April 2019.
(please do not use the digital application form)
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature