Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Klaverblad Verzekeringen - Zoetermeer
PhD-student (ESR9): Cancer immunotherapy using Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs)
Development of immunomodulatory Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs) for cancer immunotherapy This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
FunctieomschrijvingDevelopment of immunomodulatory Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs) for cancer immunotherapy
This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research project that aims to develop to develop a new class of immunotherapeutics, termed Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs), and will end with a PhD thesis. Each DSP is designed to block a candidate checkpoint molecule in the cancer micro-environment, such as CD47, while also activating costimulatory TNF superfamily receptors on immune cells in the tumour micro-environment. These new DSPs have multiple functionalities and have the potential to become the next-generation of cancer immunotherapy. This approach will be tested in model systems in vitro and in vivo for tumor-selective and functional immunomodulatory activity. This research project will end with a PhD thesis defense at the University of Groningen.
Keywords: innate immunity, checkpoint targeting, TNFR superfamily, tumor-selective, immunotherapy
- Preparation of Dual Signaling Proteins (DSPs)
- Production and purification and biochemical characterization
- Developmet of proof-of-concept assays for individual DSPs
- Primary patient-derived cell culturing
- In vivo efficacy and safety studies using DSPs in primary patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models
- Management, presentation and publication of research data
- You are in the first four years of your research career and does not have a doctoral degree
- Residence duration in Israel does not exceed 12 months in total within the last 3 years
- MSc in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, engineering or related
- Collaboration skills, demonstrating agility and initiative. Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsA PhD student position for 3 years as part of a Marie Curie Actions Innovative Industrial Doctorate training network. 1st Hosting institution: Location: KM, Jerusalem, Israel, duration: 18 months. 2nd Hosting institution: Location: UMCG, Groningen, the Netherlands, duration: 18 months. Intended start date: May 2019. Benefits according to EU MCA regulations.
Applying for a job
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as job application ESR9 Cancer immunotherapy using Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs). The application deadline is 31 March 2019.
(please do not use the digital application form)
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature