Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD-student (ESR9): Cancer immunotherapy using Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs)
Development of immunomodulatory Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs) for cancer immunotherapy This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
Development of immunomodulatory Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs) for cancer immunotherapy
This PhD student position offers an exciting and innovative research project that aims to develop to develop a new class of immunotherapeutics, termed Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs), and will end with a PhD thesis. Each DSP is designed to block a candidate checkpoint molecule in the cancer micro-environment, such as CD47, while also activating costimulatory TNF superfamily receptors on immune cells in the tumour micro-environment. These new DSPs have multiple functionalities and have the potential to become the next-generation of cancer immunotherapy. This approach will be tested in model systems in vitro and in vivo for tumor-selective and functional immunomodulatory activity. This research project will end with a PhD thesis defense at the University of Groningen.
Keywords: innate immunity, checkpoint targeting, TNFR superfamily, tumor-selective, immunotherapy
- Preparation of Dual Signaling Proteins (DSPs)
- Production and purification and biochemical characterization
- Developmet of proof-of-concept assays for individual DSPs
- Primary patient-derived cell culturing
- In vivo efficacy and safety studies using DSPs in primary patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models
- Management, presentation and publication of research data
- You are in the first four years of your research career and does not have a doctoral degree
- Residence duration in Israel does not exceed 12 months in total within the last 3 years
- MSc in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, engineering or related
- Collaboration skills, demonstrating agility and initiative. Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsA PhD student position for 3 years as part of a Marie Curie Actions Innovative Industrial Doctorate training network. 1st Hosting institution: Location: KM, Jerusalem, Israel, duration: 18 months. 2nd Hosting institution: Location: UMCG, Groningen, the Netherlands, duration: 18 months. Intended start date: May 2019. Benefits according to EU MCA regulations.
Applying for a job
Please send your application to email@example.com as job application ESR9 Cancer immunotherapy using Dual Signalling Proteins (DSPs). The application deadline is 31 March 2019.
(please do not use the digital application form)