Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoc - FAIR data science and semantic data integration
The postdoctoral fellow will lead GCC research line on retrospective semantic integration and federated analysis of many large international biobank data …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The postdoctoral fellow will lead GCC research line on retrospective semantic integration and federated analysis of many large international biobank data collections in accordance with F.A.I.R. principles (findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable). Europe and the Netherlands have long-term investments in large population and patient biobanks: demographics, environment, lifestyle, disease, DNA, RNA, microbiome, microscopy, imaging, etc. All these data must be analysed in unison to reach statistical power, however, presently data repositories are scattered, hard to search and integrate, and data protection and governance rules discourage central pooling. You will research and develop new methodologies for an open, scalable FAIR data platform for biobanks and researchers (with support of 8 software engineers), incorporating smart retrospective ‘FAIRification’ methodologies for optimal reuse of existing data (e.g. extending on SORTA & BiobankConnect), and building on maturing federated technologies (e.g. DataSHIELD, Personal Health Train), with sensitive data kept locally and only results being shared and integrated, in line with key ELSI and governance guidelines. You can use the many and large national and international data infrastructure projects that GCC is (co)leading as your laboratory (e.g. LifeCycle, BBMRI, ELIXIR, RD-CONNECT, Solve-RD, CORBEL, LifeLines) to test and evaluate your methods with an immediate impact on research.
- A PhD in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, (Bio)medical Informatics or equivalent with excellent track record.
- Expertise in data modeling, ontologies, lexical/semantic matching, data integration, research data management, distributed (meta)analysis, linked data or natural language processing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team, including PhD and MSc student project supervision.
- Communicates easily with colleagues and multidisciplinary collaborators, primarily in English.
- Good presentation and writing skills to publish GCC methods, software and their applications.
- A passion for enabling large scale biomedical research; some experience in large scale epidemiological or *omics research projects is a big plus.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Behaviour’ is required.
ConditionsAn appointment of 0.8-1.0 FTE as a postdoctoral fellow for four years (one year contract, with a possible extension); embedding in a dynamic department of top bioinformatics researchers, access to a large group of programmers to convert methods into tools that work, a service desk that assists a wide range of researchers, and the opportunity to work (inter)nationally.
A salary of € 2.659,- to 4.078,- gross per month (salary scale level 10) depending on qualifications. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
Additional informationprof. Morris Swertz, head of the Genomics Coordination Centre
+31 (0)50 361 7100
Welcome to Groningen
UMCG Corporate information/research