Postdoctoral fellow, national CRISPR screening platform
You will become part of the ScreeninC team and be based at the iPSC/CRISPR centre at the University Medical Center in Groningen. You will work closely with …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2911 - € 2911 per maand
You will become part of the ScreeninC team and be based at the iPSC/CRISPR centre at the University Medical Center in Groningen. You will work closely with your colleagues at the iPSC/CRISPR center, as well as your colleagues at the Netherlands Cancer Institute and Leiden University. Following expert training at the Netherlands Cancer Institute, you will, together with the local iPSC/CRISPR team, develop, optimize and implement new CRISPR screening technology in Groningen. You will assist researchers who will reach out to the ScreeninC infrastructure with optimization and execution of their CRISPR screens. Finally, you will, together with your ScreeninC colleagues, visit other universities and research institutes to inform them about the applications of CRISPR screens and the ScreeninC infrastructure.
- A PhD in bio-molecular sciences, medical biology, or a related area.
- Experience with CRISPR genome engineering is a big plus.
- Affinity/experience with complex culture systems (iPSCs, organoids) is also a plus.
- You have an inquisitive and independent attitude.
- You have excellent communication skills and a team player.
- You have excellent entrepreneurial skills.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsThe position is for one year with a possibility for extension till a maximum of 4 years. Your salary will be a maximum of € 4.615,- gross per month (scale 10), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
For more information you may contact:
- Dr. F. Foijer, Team leader, ERIBA; email: email@example.com (please do not use email address for applications)
Information about the Foijer lab: http://eriba.umcg.nl/people/floris-foijer/
Information about ERIBA: http://eriba.umcg.nl/
Information about Groningen: http://portal.groningen.nl/en