Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoctoral fellow, study how chromosomal instability shapes cancer cell evolut
In this project you will investigate how chromosomal instability shapes karyotype landscapes and how these influence fitness and evolution of cancer cells and …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2911 - € 2911 per maand
In this project you will investigate how chromosomal instability shapes karyotype landscapes and how these influence fitness and evolution of cancer cells and non-cancer cells. You will exploit state-of-the-art technologies including single cell DNA and RNA sequencing and engineer new CIN models using CRISPR genome engineering. For this Dutch Cancer Society-funded project, we are currently looking for a postdoctoral fellow with up to 3 years of funding. We welcome applications from bench biologists as well as bioinformaticians. In the Foijer lab, you will work in an international team consisting of 9 PhD students, 4 postdocs and 4 technicians. You will closely collaborate with a PhD student who already is appointed on this project.
- A PhD in bio-molecular sciences, medical biology, bioinformatics or a related area.
- In case you are a bench biologist, experience with primary cell cultures and (single cell) sequencing platforms is a big plus.
- In case you are a bioinformatician, experience with analyzing transcriptome and single cell sequencing data sets is a big plus.
- You have an inquisitive and independent research attitude.
- You have excellent communication skills and are a team player.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English and eager to join an international research environment.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsThe position is for one year with a possibility for extension till a maximum of 3 years. Your salary will be a maximum of € 4.615,- gross per month (scale 10), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
For more information you may contact:
- Dr. F. Foijer, Team leader, ERIBA; email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use email address for applications)
Information about the Foijer lab: http://eriba.umcg.nl/people/floris-foijer/
Information about ERIBA: http://eriba.umcg.nl/
Information about Groningen: http://portal.groningen.nl/en