1 dag geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Research Technician ERIBA
Job description As a research technician you will assist in the development of novel Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) methods, in manual and automated sample …
- Hanzeplein, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2422 - € 2422 per maand
As a research technician you will assist in the development of novel Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) methods, in manual and automated sample preparation for various applications and in troubleshooting of established methods if needed. At the same time, you will perform weekly assigned lab jobs (e.g. maintaining inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, etc.), diligently and accurately keep records and report results to team leads, supervisors, as necessary. Finally, you will contribute to writing, amending, and reviewing SOPs, lab worksheets and validation reports.
What do we need
The position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a BSc, MSc or PhD in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics) or related field with preferably one year of relevant experience. You will be part of a young and enthusiastic group that works closely with the teams at the ERIBA Technology Center. We are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Experience in a wide variety of state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with NGS desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience with single cell sequencing platforms is a big plus.
- Familiar with (automatic) lab registration and office applications.
- An accurate, enthusiastic team player with a flexible attitude who is not afraid to troubleshoot and doesn’t mind carrying out routine tasks.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
ConditionsWhat do we offer
The employment basis is a temporary contract for one year, with a possible extension. Your salary will be a maximum of € 3.280,- gross per month (scale 7), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time employment.
In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
For more information see http://www.eriba.umcg.nl or contact:
- Diana Spierings, Research Associate, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use e-mail address for applications)