Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant, associate or full professor (tenure track)
The Faculty of Science and the Institute of Biology Leiden are looking for an Assistant, associate or full professor (tenure track)
scientist within the broad field of animal biology
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Institute of Biology Leiden (IBL) studies and teaches microbial, plant and animal sciences with a broad research scope from molecular and cellular levels to organismal and population levels. The IBL has a collaborative atmosphere that is fostered by strong expertise focused around four Research Themes: Bioactive Molecules, Host-Microbe Interactions, Development & Disease, and Evolution & Biodiversity. The overall leading principle of our research is harnessing biodiversity for health. The IBL is a growing institute and wishes to recruit a new group leader in the broad field of molecular and cellular animal sciences, who is, or will become, a future leaders in his or her research field.
Within the field of animal biology, the IBL performs multidisciplinary research at molecular, cellular, and organismal levels to increase fundamental understanding of health and disease. Our research environment fosters interaction between researchers with expertise in immunology, stress physiology, disease modelling, behavioral phenotyping and evolutionary development. Applicants will benefit from our state-of the-art facilities and high-quality support for molecular and genomic research, cell culture, and microscopic imaging and the animal facilities for zebrafish and mammalian models. Our research is focused on the understanding of molecular and cellular mechanisms of health and disease, including cancer, diabetes, infectious diseases and inflammation. We also have a strong interest in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, as well as in the discovery and application of bioactive molecules. With the new group leader position, we wish to strengthen and expand our multidisciplinary research from molecular to organismal levels.
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong independent research line that is attractive for BSc, MSc and PhD students, and that can successfully compete for funding at the national (NWO, TTW, Top Sector) and international (ERC, EU) level. The research line should connect well with IBL’s Research Themes and be complementary to and thus strengthen the existing research at the IBL. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the BSc and MSc teaching programs of the IBL.
- A PhD in biological science or related field and at least several years of postdoctoral research experience;
- A track record with high-quality publications evidencing a track record of collaboration and multidisciplinarity;
- Strong affinity for Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and/or Molecular Cell Biology;
- A broad international network of collaborations;
- Successful in raising research funds;
- Ability to foster an inspiring working environment for a research team, in which PhDs and postdocs feel supported and have the ability to thrive;
- Experience and affinity with teaching at BSc and/or MSc level;
- Energetic ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker with a clear view on a challenging research and education program;
- A networker who can readily engage in collaborations within and outside our institute
- Experience and affinity with project and management tasks;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- A good command of the Dutch language, or prepared to learn the Dutch language.
The successful candidate will be offered a position as principal investigator, at a level that depends on her/his track record. We offer a five to six year term position, with the possibility of a tenured position subsequently. The salary ranges from € 3.746,- to € 5.826,- gross per month (pay scale 11/12) for Assistant professors, € 5.190,- to € 6.940,- (scale 13/14) for Associate professors and € 6.405,- to € 8.371,- (scale 16) for full professors depending on your level of experience.
An appointment with Leiden University includes a pension build-up and other benefits; these include an annual holiday premium of 8%, an end-of-year premium of 8.3% and a paid parental leave of 62,5%. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years. Within two years there’s a language proficiency of a minimum at level B2 Dutch required.
For more information on this position, please contact Prof Annemarie Meijer, Animal Sciences, email@example.com – phone 31-71-5274927. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact the IBL Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature