Assistant Professor in Applied Cognitive Psychology or Cognitive Neuroscience
The Cognitive Psychology Unit of the Institute of Psychology of the Faculty Social and Behavioural Sciences and the Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition (LIBC) are looking for a highly talented staff member for the position of Assistant Professor in Applied Cognitive Psychology or Cognitive Neuroscience
- Wassenaarseweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
We are looking for an assistant professor with persuasiveness who is willing and able to contribute in a positive and transparent way to teaching and research at the Institute of Psychology, and the Cognitive Psychology Unit in particular. Your tasks include:
- Developing an independent interdisciplinary research line that attracts young researchers via external funding;
- Making research results public in peer-reviewed journals, at scientific conferences and other professional meetings;
- Sharing the research results with a wider audience through (social) media and other public outreach.
- Teaching BSc and MSc courses and supervising BSc and MSc research projects.
- A strong research record, evident from (among others) a completed PhD thesis and peer-reviewed international publications on topics in applied cognitive psychology (human factors and performance optimization), cognitive neuroscience or related fields;
- Valued research experience: strong statistical skills; computational modeling; programming; neuroimaging or psychophysiology (fMRI, EEG, HR, eye tracking); valorization of research; collaboration with industrial / non-academic parties;
- Excellent teaching abilities, and experience with various types of teaching and supervision of students at different stages of their education;
- Contributing to a positive work environment and open science.
We offer a four-year position, but candidates with an exceptionally strong track record will be nominated for tenure right away. Depending on your expierience, you will be classified as an assistant professor 2 (payscale 11, range from € 3,746.- to € 5,127.-) or assistant professor 1 (payscale 12, range from € 4,538.- to € 5,826.-) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
For inquiries, please contact professor Sander Nieuwenhuis, email firstname.lastname@example.org.