Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor in Comparative Indo-European Linguistics
Faculty of Humanities, Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) has a vacancy - starting 1 August 2018 - for an Assistant Professor in Comparative Indo-European Linguistics (1.0 FTE).
- Pieter Huibertsgang, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4757 per maand
- Teaching and developing courses in the track Comparative Indo-European Linguistics of BA and MA Linguistics as well as general courses in Linguistics, such as Indo-European Phonology, Indo-European Morphology, Gothic, Historical Linguistics, Morphology, Historical Grammar of Greek (some of them in Dutch, some in English);
- Research in comparative Indo-European linguistics and supervision of BA and MA theses.
- A PhD in the field of Comparative Indo-European Linguistics;
- A broad expertise in teaching and research;
- Proven didactic qualities (teaching evaluations);
- Excellent command of Dutch and English;
- Upon appointment, depending on experience to date, the Assistant Professor may be required to enter a nationally standardized tertiary teaching skills certification trajectory (UTQ or University Teaching Qualification).
The position is for a period of 1,5 years. The appointment will proceed in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. The salary level ranges from €2,588 to €4,757 gross per month (pay scale 10 or 11), commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Additional information can be obtained from Prof. Alexander Lubotsky, Professor of Comparative Indo-European Linguistics, email email@example.com or Prof. Niels Schiller, Director of LUCL, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should submit *one* PDF document named ‘Family name – Given name – vacancy number’. This PDF should include:
- A motivation letter;
- A detailed CV, listing education and employment history, publications, grants and awards, etc.;
- A teaching statement (a description of courses taught, teaching interest, teaching evaluations);
- Names, positions and contact information for three referees (no reference letters).
These documents should be submitted to email@example.com, no later than 1 May 2018, mentioning the vacancy number in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in the week of 28 May 2018. You are kindly requested to be available in this period.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.