1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Assistant Professor in computer systems
Leiden University, the Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, is looking for an Assistant Professor in computer systems
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
Due to rapid growth Leiden University has an opening for an assistant professor in computer systems to strengthen our team. Leiden is a large university in a small university town known for its friendly charm, close to the North Sea. LIACS, the institute of advanced computer science, has a culture of excellence through collaboration. We consciously support research and education through teamwork, collaboration, fun, and caring for each other. Through this position we aim to strengthen the research and education in our Systems group. Areas of interest include Security, High Performance Computing, Embedded Systems, Operating Systems, and Programming. We strongly value original research and original ideas for your own research. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting independent research in your field, establishing an own research group;
- Teaching suitable BSc and MSc courses and supervising BSc, MSc, and PhD students;
- Securing external funding for research;
- Contribution to organizational activities of the Institute.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science;
- Several years of experience at the postdoctoral level in this field;
- Focus on results through collaboration;
- Strong publication record and experience in raising research funds;
- Proven track record in teaching;
- Energetic ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker with a clear view on a challenging research program;
- Team spirit/collaboration attitude strongly preferred.
We offer a 5 year term position, starting early 2020. Salary range from € 3,427 to € 4,691 gross per month (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see http://workingat.leiden.edu/
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
We support and understand the need for a work/life/family balance and consequent varying working hours and places. We believe that doing good science is fun, and goes hand in hand with a friendly culture. In the Netherlands, a maternity allowance is standard for 16 weeks. Child care is available at and near the Bio Science Park.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. LIACS is a highly diverse institute, in culture, background, and gender. We stand for excellence in a caring institute. We wish to reflect society in all aspects, as we believe that this improves the dynamics in our organization.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Marloes van der Nat, management assistant, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +31.71.527.7061.