The new Assistant or Associate Professor is expected to conduct research into scientific challenges in the field of geothermal science and engineering, for …
Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Innovation
As part of its expansion, Science Based Business (SBB) at the University of Leiden’s Faculty of Science is recruiting an Assistant Professor in …
- J.H. Oortweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
As part of its expansion, Science Based Business (SBB) at the University of Leiden’s Faculty of Science is recruiting an Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Innovation to take the lead in the development of new research and teaching programs in technology entrepreneurship.
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Produce impactful, quality research in international top journals in the field of Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Innovation;
- Provide leadership to the development of the New Technology Ventures (NTV) track of the Science Based Business (SBB) master specialisation, and the NTV course of the SBB minor at the Leiden University Faculty of Science;
- Develop and deliver courses on entrepreneurship topics with a focus on new business creation in technology-intensive industries;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, and LUMC, as well as industry partners at the Leiden BioScience park and beyond.
- A completed doctoral degree in entrepreneurial management or a related field;
- Strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of entrepreneurial management with a focus on publishing articles in top journals;
- Show a clear affinity with the multidisciplinary mission of Science Based Business that bridges scholarship and practice in management on the one hand, and the natural and biomedical sciences on the other hand;
- The leadership skills required to forge relationships with key stakeholders groups inside and outside the university, and push forward the new research and teaching initiatives tied to SBB;
- Excited to teach management subjects to undergraduate and/or postgraduate students with backgrounds in the sciences and biomedicine.
We offer a 5 year fixed term position. Salary ranges from €3,475 to €5,405 gross per month (pay scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Simcha Jong, email email@example.com. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Lisa Fillekes, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 4551.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 4 June 2018 an email to Mariska Huijnen at email@example.com. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- A cover letter;
- The names of three references who can be contacted for shortlisted candidates.