We are looking for a talented PhD candidate that is willing to fabricate, characterize and measure the performance of nano- and micro-scale pioneer thermal …
Assistant Professor in Public International Law
Key responsibilities To develop and deliver core courses in the Bachelor and Regular LLM programmes in public international law; To coordinate and lead …
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 4852 per maand
- To develop and deliver core courses in the Bachelor and Regular LLM programmes in public international law;
- To coordinate and lead teaching activities in cooperation with other lecturers;
- To conduct high-level research in public international law and sustain a strong publication record;
- To develop and lead core activities of the Centre and to seek, obtain and manage research funding or other funding;
- To assist in a collegial way in any other research or teaching-related work of the Centre;
- To offer specialized seminars and grade assignments and exams, alone or in cooperation with other lecturers.
- Excellent command of English; Non-Dutch speaking candidates should be prepared to acquire a good passive knowledge of the Dutch language;
- PhD-degree and excellent track record in research in general public international law, as evidenced by publications in leading international journals;
- Demonstrated teaching experience in public international law, supported by positive teaching evaluations;
- A high sense of initiative, leadership qualities and proven ability to seek and obtain research funding;
- Strong dedication and commitment to the goals and objectives of the Centre;
- An ability and willingness to work collaboratively and collegially in a team.
Terms and conditions
We offer a one year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. Salary range from €3,545 to €4,852 gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 11), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions;
The principal place of work is Leiden and the intended starting date is as soon as possible.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Mrs. Nathalie Walstra, email email@example.com, telephone 071-527 7578. Information about Law Grotius Centre can be found at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/law/institute-of-public-law/grotius-centre and about Leiden University at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/