- Teaching in the Italian literature and culture from Dante until the present on all levels and in all types of education (including supervising internships and excursions) in the BA program Italiaanse taal en cultuur; the tracks Italian literature and culture and Literature in Society in the MA program Literary Studies; .
- Supervising BA and MA theses, both in Italian and English;
- Participating in the development and implementation of education innovations – also in digital form;
- Play an active role in recruiting Dutch and international students by contributing to open days, orientation and information sessions;
- Contribute to administrative and management duties within the program and LUCAS.
- Supervising PhD candidates;
- Doing research in the field of Italian literature within one of the research programmes of LUCAS;
- Acquisition of project funding at the national, European and international level (NWO, Horizon 2020 etc.).
- A Phd-degree in the field of Italian literature/culture and an awareness of current viewpoints as well as innovative methods within the field;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the history of Italian literature;
- Research profile that fits within LUCAS: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/humanities/centre-for-the-arts-in-society/research;
- Demonstrable and outstanding teaching skills (demonstrated by teaching evaluations, UTQ-registration, etc.) and experience with educational innovations;
- Demonstrable experience with the application and acquisition of external project funding;
- (Near) native command of the Italian language, and excellent command both active and passive, of the English and Dutch language;
- Flexible, excellent communication skills, team worker.
We offer a two year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. Salary range from €3,475 to €4,757 gross per month for a fulltime appointment depending on prior education and working experience (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Academic Director, Professor A. Visser, email firstname.lastname@example.org or to Dr P.A.W. van Heck, email email@example.com.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 18 May 2018 an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number: