1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in Public International Law
The Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in Public International Law (1.0 FTE). To develop and …
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
The Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in Public International Law (1.0 FTE).
- To develop and deliver core courses in the Bachelor and Regular LLM programmes in public international law, which are taught in Dutch and English;
- To coordinate and lead teaching activities in cooperation with other lecturers;
- To conduct high-level research in public international law and sustain a strong publication record;
- To develop and lead core activities of the Centre and to seek, obtain and manage research funding or other funding;
- To assist in a collegial way in any other research or teaching-related work of the Centre;
- To offer specialized seminars and grade assignments and exams, alone or in cooperation with other lecturers.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English;
- PhD-degree and excellent track record in research in general public international law, as evidenced by publications in leading international journals;
- Demonstrated teaching experience in public international law, supported by positive teaching evaluations;
- A high sense of initiative, leadership qualities and proven ability to seek and obtain research funding;
- Strong dedication and commitment to the goals and objectives of the Centre;
- An ability and willingness to work collaboratively and collegially in a team.
We offer a one year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. The principal place of work is Leiden. Salary range from €3,475 to €4,757 gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). The intended starting date is 1 September 2018.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Eric De Brabandere, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone secretariat +31 71 -527 7578.
Please submit online your application no later than 21 July 2018via the blue button of our application system to Mrs Nathalie Walstra. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.