Assistant Professor Methodology & Statistics
You will contribute to the teaching program of the Methodology and Statistics unit at both the Bachelor and Master level, and will supervise students at …
- Wassenaarseweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
- You will contribute to the teaching program of the Methodology and Statistics unit at both the Bachelor and Master level, and will supervise students at different stages of education;
- Your research should be relevant to Methodology and Statistics for Psychology, and should ideally focus on one of the following topics: 1) Statistical Learning, 2) Methods for (F)MRI Analysis or 3) Applied Psychometrics;
- You are able to program software in R, MATLAB, Python, C++ or similar languages and have experience using statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, or STATA. You will act as a statistical consultant for members of the Institute of Psychology and the Leiden University graduate school of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
- You will be expected to apply for research grants from Dutch and European funding agencies. You contribute to administration and organization at the level of the unit and the institute.
The exact distribution of education vs research (60%-40% or 80%-20%) is open for discussion. As such, candidates interested in a career that is more focused on providing education are also welcome to apply for this vacancy.
- A PhD in a topic relevant to Methodology and Statistics as well as an excellent research and teaching background;
- You are able to supervise and conduct independent empirical research and successful in acquiring external grants;
- You have experience and affinity with teaching at the academic level;
- Both Dutch and English language proficiency (or the intention to obtain these) is required.
We offer a five year term position, with the possibility of tenure thereafter. Salary range from €3,637 to €5,656 gross per month (pay scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Please submit online your application no later than 1 March 2019 via the blue button in our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV, a research profile(1-2 pages, a teaching statement(1-2 page dscription of courses taught and teaching interest) and the name and contact information of two references(no letters).
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.