The new Assistant or Associate Professor is expected to conduct research into scientific challenges in the field of geothermal science and engineering, for …
Assistant Professor on Human influences on nature
The Faculty of Science, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Leiden University is looking for an Assistant Professor on Human influences on nature (1.0 FTE). …
- J.H. Oortweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
The Faculty of Science, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Leiden University is looking for an Assistant Professor on Human influences on nature (1.0 FTE).
- Teach within the (BSc and) MSc Biology and the Leiden University College on the impacts of human influences on biodiversity, ecosystem functioning and ecosystem services;
- Teach within the prospective MSc Governance of Sustainability the knowledge and skills on human influence on biodiversity, ecosystem functioning and ecosystem services needed to sustainably govern our natural resources;
- Supervise (BSc and) MSc students in their thesis work;
- Establish your own research line within the topics mentioned above – complementary but connected to ongoing research lines within the department of Conservation Biology of CML, leading to successful acquisition of research grants and publications in leading scientific journals.
- Strong communication and teaching skills;
- A doctorate in environmental sciences, biology or related field;
- Proficiency in English (writing and oral);
- A proven interest in the interaction between nature and society;
- A strong publication track record within the topics mentioned above;
- Proven acquisition capabilities;
- Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years. A language proficiency of minimum level C1 is required for staff who will teach in English.
We offer a position, starting with a one year appointment, with the possibility of a permanent position based on performance. Salary range from €3,475 to €5,405 gross per month (pay scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Peter van Bodegom, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +31 71 527 7486.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 31 May 2018 an email quoting the vacancy number to Susanna van den Oever at email@example.com. Please ensure that you upload your CV, a transcript of your grades and a letter of motivation.
Interviews will take place on 12th of June.