2 dagen geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
Assistant Professor (or Associate Professor) in Artificial Intelligence
The Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, is looking for candidates as an Assistant Professor (or Associate Professor) in Artificial Intelligence (0.8-1.0 FTE).
- J.H. Oortweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
Because of strong growth in these areas, through this position we aim to strengthen Artificial Intelligence at our Institute. Among areas of interest are deep learning, reinforcement learning, social networks, gaming, Bayesian reasoning, robotics, virtual reality, multi-agent systems, data mining. We value original research and original ideas for your own research direction within these or other fields of Artificial Intelligence.
- Conducting independent research in your field, establishing an own research group;
- Teaching suitable BSc and MSc courses and supervising BSc, MSc, and PhD students;
- Securing external funding for research;
- Contribution to organizational activities of the Institute.
- PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence or a closely related field;
- Several years of experience at the postdoctoral level in this field;
- Strong publication record and experience in raising research funds;
- Proven track record in teaching;
- Energetic ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker with a clear view on a challenging research program;
- Team spirit/collaboration attitude strongly preferred.
Starting in the second half of 2018, we offer a 5-year fixed term position, with the possibility of renewal/promotion based on need, funding and performance. Salary ranges from €3,475 to €5,405 gross per month for a full-time position as assistant professor (pay scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). The appointments will be at the assistant professor level, although your record may merit an associate professor appointment, which will then duly be considered.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Diversity and work-life balance
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
LIACS strives for excellence in a caring Institute. We wish to reflect society both in age, gender and culture, as we believe that this would optimize the dynamics in our organization. Therefore, we support and understand the need for a work/life/family balance and consequent varying working hours and places. We believe that doing good science is fun, and goes hand in hand with a driven yet friendly culture. In the Netherlands, a maternity allowance is standard for 16 weeks. Child care is available at and near the Bio Science Park.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Thomas Bäck, email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Marloes van der Nat, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 7061.
Written applications, using the vacancy number, should be submitted no later than 18 May 2018 by email to Prof. Thomas Bäck via email@example.com. Be sure to include te following documents:
- A brief description of your research plan;
- Teaching experience;
- A full CV including a list of publications and a link to your Google Scholar page;
- Pdf’s or links to key publications and PhD thesis;
- The names and addresses of at least three persons that can be contacted for reference (who have agreed to be contacted),
The selection procedure will take place in May/June 2018, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview in June. You are kindly requested to be available in this period.