Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor with a primary focus on teaching and education management
The Faculty of Science and Leiden Observatory are looking for an Assistant Professor with a primary focus on teaching and education management
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
80% of this full-time position involves teaching, and management support of the director of education. This includes:
- Taking care of 6-9 EC lecturing / semester;
- Active involvement in educational committees;
- Educational management support.
- PhD in astronomy;
- Demonstrated experience in teaching (evidenced by good teaching evaluations) and in the possession of a University Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- Ample management experience;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Able to speak Dutch or willing to learn Dutch within the timeframe of one year;
- Familiarity with the Dutch educational system is an advantage.
We offer a position for 1 year and upon satisfactory performance to be extended to a permanent position. Salary ranges from € 3.746 - € 5.127,- gross per month (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Harold Linnartz, Director of Education at Leiden Observatory, email email@example.com. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact our educational office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.