Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Instructors (Institute of Political Science)
In September 2017 we introduced a new English bachelor specialisation International Relations and Organisations in The Hague, alongside our bachelors and …
- Begijnhof, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
In September 2017 we introduced a new English bachelor specialisation International Relations and Organisations in The Hague, alongside our bachelors and master specialisations in Leiden. We are hiring work group instructors for the bachelor program at both locations. The execution of tasks will be done in consultation with course instructors and/or work group coordinators. The tasks are a combination of the following:
- Teaching work groups for first year bachelor students, for the courses Introduction to International Relations, Actors in World Politics, Introduction to Comparative Politics, Introduction to Political Science and Politiek en Beleid;
- Skills training during the abovementioned work groups;
- Teaching work groups for first year students of the bachelor courses Statistics 1 and 2;
- Skills training for second year bachelor students in the courses Research design and Data analysis;
- Assisting in grading under supervision of an instructor;
- Participation in the mentoring programme.
- Availability as of 15 August 2018 in Leiden and/or The Hague;
- A Master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations or a related discipline. A PhD is desirable;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team setting;
- Proven experience in academic teaching is recommended;
- Ability to teach in both English (required) and Dutch (preferred).
Appointment will initially be for a period of one year. Depending on performance, an extension of one year is possible. Salary ranges from €2,588 to €4,084 gross per month (pay scale 10 in accordance with the collective employment agreement of Dutch universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If successful applicants do not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, the Institute will facilitate efforts to obtain the UTQ or parts thereof.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to the director of studies Dr. Maria Spirova, email email@example.com, telephone +31 71 527 3907.
Please submit online your application no later than 17 June 2018 via the blue button of our application system.Applicants need to include the vacancy reference, a letter of motivation and a cv, and can be addressed to Dr. Maria Spirova.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.