1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
The Faculty of Humanities, Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL), is looking for a Lab technician
- Cleveringaplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
As a lab technician you will be part of the lab management team and together with the lab manager you are responsible for supporting the technical aspects of research conducted by members of the LUCL. The key responsibilities are:
- Program experimental tasks (e.g. in Python, MATLAB, JAVA, Praat, E-Prime, etc.);
- Write scripts and develop software for experimental stimuli and data processing (e.g. speech, gestures, eye-tracking, EEG, fMRI, fNIRS);
- Develop, test, and maintain various software/hardware for stimuli delivery and response collection;
- Provide technical consultancy to researchers;
- Purchase, install, manage, and (sometimes) improve the functioning of the Institute’s various lab facilities (internal and loaned);
- Windows and Apple OS system management of lab computers.
- A completed bachelor or higher academic degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering), or a related field with demonstrable strong background in signal processing and electronics;
- Excellent programming experiences (e.g. Python, JAVA and/or MATLAB, etc.) and strong commitment to acquiring new programming skills (e.g. E-Prime, Experimental Builder, R, and Praat);
- Open-minded, versatile, and service-oriented person, who is driven and desires to excel in an international working environment;
- Affinity for scientific research, especially in the fields of language and experimental linguistics.
- Excellent communication skills.
The appointment will be for a period of 16 months (starting 1 September 2020 ending 31 December 2021). Salary ranges from €2,709 to €4,274 gross per month on fulltime basis, based on qualifications and experience (scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More information can be found at our website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Niels Schiller, Academic Director of LUCL, email N.O.Schiller@hum.leidenuniv.nl.