Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lecturer in Anthropology/Sociology of Japan
Leiden University, the Leiden Institute for Area Studies (LIAS) of the Faculty of Humanities, is looking for a Lecturer in Anthropology/Sociology of Japan
- Cleveringaplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 38 uur
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, in lecture and seminar formats, including the supervision of BA and MA theses;
- Teaching in various teaching programmes of the faculty, including BA International Studies and MA International Relations;
- Administrative duties, commensurate with career stage;
- Representation of the field to external audiences and media.
- Excellent research qualities, visible in a PhD degree (candidates near completion of the degree will be considered), research experience in situ, and a high-quality, internationally accessible publication record, as measured against career stage;
- Demonstrable commitment to high-quality teaching practice, and the ability to teach (multi)disciplinary courses in Japan Studies and (East-) Asian and Area Studies. The successful candidate takes an inclusive approach to teaching;
- Disciplinary expertise in anthropology/sociology, with a focus on contemporary Japan and (East-) Asia, and openness to interdisciplinary cooperation;
- An excellent command of Japanese. Competence in other (East )Asian languages is an advantage;
- Administrative abilities, as measured against career stage;
- An excellent command of English. The majority of the MA programs at Leiden University are taught in English, and staff members who have a better command of English than of Dutch may teach in English in BA programs as well. (If the lecturer is not Dutch-speaking, she or he is expected to acquire a good command of Dutch within two years from taking up duty. LIAS will make resources available to this end.)
We offer a fixed-term post from 1 August 2020 until 31 July 2022. Subject to experience and teaching skills certifications, salary range from €3,637.- to €4,978.- gross per month on full-time base (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at Job application procedure and employment conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Katarzyna Cwiertka, email: email@example.com.