Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lectureship in International Relations of the Middle East, 1-year
The Faculty of Humanities, Leiden Institute for Area Studies (LIAS) is looking for a Lectureship in International Relations of the Middle East, 1-year
- Cleveringaplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Faculty of Humanities at Leiden University invites applications for a 1-year lectureship in international relations of the Middle East, fixed term from 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022.
We are seeking applications from scholars of Middle East with a PhD in international relations, political science, development studies, geography, sociology, or anthropology, with demonstrated teaching and advising experience. The ideal candidate has affinity with a humanities-based approach to International Relations, and experience in supervising BA and MA theses, an in-depth understanding of the Modern Middle East, and preferably knowledge of Arabic. We have identified supervision and teaching needs in international relations, and politics of the Middle East and international relations with (preferably) an appreciation of the cultural aspects of/approaches to IR.
- Teaching BA- and MA-level courses related to politics, world politics, politics and international relations in the BA International Studies (The Hague), and the MA International Relations (Leiden);
- Supervising theses in Middle East Studies and International Relations.
- A doctorate in International Relations, political science, development studies, geography, sociology, or anthropology with a focus on modern Middle East;
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate students, and supervising theses
- Proficiency in English;
- Ideally proficiency in Arabic.
We offer a fixed-term, part-time position at 0,8 or a full-time appointment. Appointment will be from 1 August 2021 through 31 July 2022. Salary range, depending on education and work experience, from € 3,746.- to € 5,127.- gross per month based on full-time appointment (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.