Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Meijers PhD Candidate
The Graduate School currently has two Meijers PhD positions in Law or Criminology, and welcomes proposals that fit one of the 8 research programmes of Leiden …
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Graduate School currently has two Meijers PhD positions in Law or Criminology, and welcomes proposals that fit one of the 8 research programmes of Leiden Law School.
- The Meijers PhD positions are open for candidates inside and outside Leiden Law School. Candidates must have completed a LL.M, Master Criminology, or another relevant graduate programme, with excellent grades. Special emphasis is placed on the grading of the thesis and other advanced, independent educational elements in addition to relevant methodology courses;
- Applicants may apply for the PhD positions before the accomplishment of their master degree. This applies only if the degree is expected to be achieved at the end of the academic year 2018-2019;
- Before the proposal is submitted, the candidate establishes contact with the envisaged supervisor (professor), appointed at Leiden Law School, and comes to an agreement regarding supervision; a letter of intent of the envisaged supervising professor has to be attached to the application form (compulsory).
The PhD-position is available from September 1st 2019. The appointment as a PhD candidate will be for a period of four years (initially for a period of one year with an extension of three years after positive evaluation of progress and skills development) leading to the successful completion of a PhD thesis. The appointment will be under the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. The gross monthly salary is set on €2,266 in the first year, increasing to €2,897 gross per month in the final year.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Enquiries can be made to Dean of PhD-studies, email email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries about the procedure, please contact Executive Director of the Graduate School, Mirjam Sombroek-van Doorm LL.M, Ma Meijersinstituut@law.leidenuniv.nl.
Information on the advanced research qualification and research programmes of the Graduate School of Legal Studies can be found on: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/law/research.
To apply for this vacancy use te blue button in our application system, please upload
- Registration form;
- Letter of interest;
- Letter of intent of your envisaged supervising professor.
Only applications received no later than 31 March 2019 can be considered.
On the basis of received applications, a selection will be made. The selected applicants will be requested to elaborate their research proposal (deadline June 1st 2019). The selection committee invites the selected candidates for an interview mid-June.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature