1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Natural Product Analist
Leiden University, the Faculty of Science and Institute of Biology are looking for a Natural Product Analist (1.0 fte)
- Sylviusweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
The analist will be involved in a project to find bioactive metabolites (e.g. antibacterial and antifungal) from several plant sources. The analist will perform various analyses in a quantitative and preparative way using separation techniques such as column chromatography, HPLC and GC. As an analist your key tasks include:
- Extraction of plant samples;
- Fractionation of extracts;
- Separation of target metabolites;
- Partly involved in structure elucidation.
- A BSc or MSc degree related to pharmacy, analytical chemistry or biochemistry;
- Proficient in spoken and written English and have good communication skills;
- A team player, but also able to work independently;
- You take initiative and have a strong interest in academic research.
We offer a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. The salary range is from € 1.858 to € 2.644 gross per month (pay scale 5 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
For more information about the IBL, please visit https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/science/biology. Enquiries can be made to Young Hae Choi, associate professor, telephone +31 71 527 4510, email email@example.com.