Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD candidate in the field of supramolecular chemistry
The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Chemistry are looking for a PhD candidate in the field of supramolecular chemistry
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
Applications are invited for a PhD position in the group of Sander Wezenberg at the Leiden Institute of Chemistry of the Faculty of Science. The candidate will work on communication between molecular species in dynamic supramolecular systems. The position will provide training in synthetic organic chemistry, coordination chemistry, self-assembly, and spectroscopy.
- Applicants should have a MSc degree in Chemistry (or related discipline);
- The ideal candidate should have a strong interest and some background in organic synthesis and supramolecular chemistry;
- Experience with molecular self-assembly and spectroscopic techniques such as UV/Vis and Fluorescence is preferred but not required;
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and creative researcher with strong organizational skill;
- Good written and verbal English communication skills are required.
The position is available immediately; The candidate should preferably start before January 2021. We offer a full-time position for initially one year. After a positive evaluation of the progress of the thesis, personal capabilities and compatibility the appointment will be extended by a further three years. Salary range from € 2.395,- to € 3.061,- gross per month (pay scale P, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
All our PhD students are embedded in the Leiden University Graduate School of Science. Our graduate school offers several PhD training courses at three levels: professional courses, skills training and personal effectiveness. In addition, advanced courses to deepen scientific knowledge are offered by the research school.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.