Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD candidate, Life Cycle Assessment of Novel and Emerging Technologies
We are looking for a PhD-candidate who will be working on life cycle assessment (LCA) in the context of the international research project RADIUS (Recycled …
- J.H. Oortweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
We are looking for a PhD-candidate who will be working on life cycle assessment (LCA) in the context of the international research project RADIUS (Recycled automotive brake disks by upgrading metallic scraps). RADIUS will develop automotive disk brakes based on recycled alloys, containing aluminium, magnesium, and silicon metal scraps. RADIUS is supported by the EIT Raw Materials innovation program of the European Union (eitrawmaterials.eu), the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide. EIT RawMaterials aims to significantly enhance innovation in the raw materials sector by developing innovative technologies.
Key tasks include:
- LCA of the baseline RADIUS system;
- LCA of the pilot/labscale version of the novel technology system;
- Developing scenarios for possible large-scale implementation of the novel technology system and perform LCAs of these large-scale scenarios.
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in Industrial Ecology or a MSc in environmental chemistry or environmental or sustainable technology or equivalent and have a strong interest in interdisciplinary work;
- Experience in quantitative research methods, and in assessing complex technological systems;
- Strong data management, visualization and programming skills (e.g. in Matlab, Python or R) are an advantage.;
- Experience with the assessment of recycling systems and/or metallurgical processes are an advantage, but not essential;
- You must be proficient in spoken and written English, have good communication skills;
- Moreover, you are a team player, are able as well to work independently, take initiative, and have a strong interest and motivation to pursue academic research.
Initially we offer a position for one year. After a positive evaluation of the progress of the thesis, personal capabilities and compatibility the appointment will be extended by a further three years. Salary range from €2,222 to €2,840 gross per month (pay scale P, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
All our PhD students are embedded in the Leiden University Graduate School of Science. Our graduate school offers several PhD training courses at three levels: professional courses, skills training and personal effectiveness. In addition, advanced courses to deepen scientific knowledge are offered by the research school.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr Stefano Cucurachi at telephone +31 71 527 4919, email email@example.com, or Professor Arnold Tukker at telephone +3171 527 5632/5615, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 6 June 2018 an email to email@example.com. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- A motivation letter;
- The names and phone numbers of two referees.